Monday, November 1, 2010

There's a new sheriff in town



I know she looks tough, but in the shelter of 60 cats she was the low cat on the totem pole. Her name is Luci with an "I" and she would sign with a heart as the dot on the I if she could. She loves Sam, wants to be friends with the bunny (who wants no part of this touchy feely creature) and would like to be friends with Tilly (no dice).



"The Old Sheriff"
So, that was the big thing for the weekend. The other big thing I found out on Friday is I have a torn disk in my back. Yes! How exciting! 3 visits with the chiropractor in a week! Seriously, I have no idea how it happened, just one night it was there. Pain all the way down to my foot from my "behind" and sometimes a numbness. He's helped it some, but it needs to be iced alot. So of course now I want to do all the things around the yard which require lifting. Must Learn Patience.
A few random thoughts on blessings.
1. We have more than we realize. Even though there is pain and sickness we have Insurance.
2. Jerry has a good job so we can pay the insurance co pay.
3. Though we complain about the cost, we can pay the utilities.
4. There are 3 warm furry bodies in our bed at night to cuddle with.
5. I am no longer considered allergic to animals.
6. Our children and grandchildren are happy and healthy.
7. A fantastic church family to worship and play with.
8. Super great friends both near and far.
9. Salvation! Should be #1 Praise God for loving me with all my failures and insecurities.
The list could go on and on but it's time to ice my back again. Just want to introduce our newest little lady. Peace!

No comments: